Hello everyone
I thought I though I would share some sites and books that may help you as you begin to plan growing in your plots. For some of you this information will not be needed for you already have things ready to go and know what you want to do. Yet I am sure for some this venture is new and any advise will come in handy. Well that is exactly what a community garden is about, learning together. I will post all this information on our Facebook page too( Flamborough Baptist Community Garden).
So here are some great books to buy or pick up at the library:
This blog is all on square foot gardening:
http://www.mysquarefootgarden.net/
She has documented her journey of learning to garden by the foot.
This list would not be complete without adding a few Youtube clips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2FxJimob84
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNxmOrxZM9Q
Also here is an amazing online square foot garden planner to try. Set your garden size and click on the plant you wish to plant,, drag the picture into the garden picture and it will tell you how much to plant in each square! How great is that!
http://www.gardeners.com/how-to/kitchen-garden-planner/kgp_home.html
So, hopefully I have not overwhelmed you but instead gave you tools to inspire!
But do not let these guidelines worry you. That is all they are is guidelines. They are not rules. Gardening should always be enjoyable. So try what you wish, see what happens. It's all a learning experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment